Visiting Fellow in Livelihoods and Rural Innovation
Livelihoods and Institutions Department
Natural Resources Institute
Livelihoods and Farming Systems specialist with over 30 years' experience. Started as an agronomist and has steadily widened his experience through farming-systems approaches to sustainable-livelihood development and agricultural innovation systems. Interests include bridging the interfaces between social and natural sciences, and between research and extension. Currently working on: Fairtrade impact assessment; pluralistic extension delivery; rural-livelihoods assessment in Afganistan; and a joint World Bank/EU review of ASARECA.
- Tittonell, P., Scopel, E., Andrieu, N., Posthumus, H., Mapfumo, P., Corbeels, M., van Halsema, G.E., Lahmar, R., Lugandu, S., Rakotoarisoa, J., Mtambanengwe, F., Pound, B., Chikowo, R., Naudin, K., Triomphe, B. and Mkomwa, S. (2012) Agroecology-based aggradation-conservation agriculture (ABACO): Targeting innovations to combat soil degradation and food insecurity in semi-arid Africa. Field Crops Research, 132. pp. 168-174. ISSN 0378-4290 (doi:10.1016/j.fcr.2011.12.011) Item not available online.
- Martin, Adrienne, Gundel, Sabine, Apenteng, Essie and Pound, Barry (2011) Review of literature on evaluation methods relevant to extension. Other. GFRAS – Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services , Agridea Eschikon 28 8315 Lindau Switzerland. Item availability restricted.
- Tittonell, P., Scopel, E., van Halsema, G.E., Andrieu, N., Posthumus, H., Mapfumo, P., Lahmar, R., Corbeels, M., Apina, T., Rakotoarisoa, J., Mtambanengwe, F., Pound, B., Chikowo, R. and Mkomwa, S. (2011) Agroecology-based aggradation-conservation agriculture (ABACO): targeting resource-limited and degraded environments of semi-arid Africa. In: Resilient Food Systems for a Changing World. 5th World Congress Conservation Agriculture and 3rd Farming Systems Design Conference, 26-29 September 2011, Brisbane, Australia. (Unpublished) Item availability restricted.
- Posthumus, H., Pound, B., Andrieu, N. and Triomphe, B. (2011) Enhancing adoption of conservation agriculture practices through co-innovation platforms in sub-Saharan Africa. In: Resilient Food Systems for a Changing World. 5th World Congress Conservation Agriculture and 3rd Farming Systems Design Conference, 26-29 Sep 2011, Brisbane, Australia. (Unpublished) Item availability restricted.
- Nelson, Valerie, Morton, John, Chancellor, Tim, Burt, Peter and Pound, Barry (2010) Climate change, agriculture and Fairtrade: identifying the challenges and opportunities. Working Paper. Natural Resources Institute, Natural Resources Institute [website] / Fairtrade Foundation [website].
- Pound, Barry and Snapp, Sieglinde (Eds.) (2008) Agricultural systems: agroecology and rural innovation for development. Academic Press, London, UK, p. 400. ISBN 9780123725172 Item not available online.
- Pound, Barry, Massawe, Kasindei and Fazl, Fazluddin (2007) Innovation partnerships for effective adaptive research and technology uptake. In: The International Workshop on Enhancing Agricultural Innovation Systems, March 22-23 2007, Washington. (Unpublished) Item not available online.
- Pound, Barry (2007) Widening the definition of capacity to respond to the innovations systems approach. In: RUFORUM Biennial Conference on Building Scientific and Technical Capacity through Graduate Training and Agricultural Research in African Universities, 23-27 April 2007, Sun ‘N’ Sand Hotel, Malawi. (Unpublished) Item not available online.
Natural Resources Institute
University of Greenwich
Central Avenue, Chatham Maritime, Kent ME4 4TB, United Kingdom.
Tel: +44 (0)1634 883156